Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spring is coming...

Omi McCurdie Poem




Are there more memories to be made in my youth or do I have to live out old ones, like my favorite song on repeat? The only problem with this is even the best songs get old sometimes. Happy memories, ones of listening to Bob Dolan songs with some one you love when you’re a bit tipsy; that freedom of letting go completely and surrendering to a moment you know is not good for you. Will we feel that excitement again or will we blend into normality, like the majority of the population that is forced to march to the same beat? I fear my youth is over and me dancing wild and free never knowing what my future holds is about to leave me. I am a dangling tooth that has yet to be pulled. I sit there waiting, knowing my time is almost up but still too afraid to tie the knot and slam the door. I'm not sad - let me state that! I'm happy, but melancholia runs through my now open veins. The future is bright yet restricted; it's my turn to be the grown up, and part of me revels in it and part of me dies. I like to get dressed up and take myself out for an old fashioned while Red sits in tow. It makes me feel like the women I am. It makes me feel like I'm living again - a child in a grown up’s coat, still not aware of the fact that she has grown. I am a painting that I put on display but not for anyone in particular, only myself. There is something beautiful about a solo women drinking down her memories, feeling content with the place she is at. I am content in my own comfort - just Red, and me and a bottle of booze. Spring is coming, I can feel it; time is changing; yet I'm still going to be here drinking my wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment